Email contact is essential for this role. Please send your details, including your email address to the MU Office: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible after your appointment.
1) Help facilitate a vibrant branch with enthusiastic, engaged and growing membership.
2) Help ensure that the local churches and parishes know about and actively support the work of the Mothers’ Union.
3) Help enable the local community to benefit from the work of the Mothers’ Union.
4) Help members in the branch keep apprised of Mothers’ Union both locally, nationally and internationally.
5) To be a point of contact for the branch from Mothers Union Diocesan Office and Officers.
a) To help support the branch members through the branch committee to grow in their faith and their knowledge and engagement with Mothers’ Union activities. To organise pastoral care as and when necessary: see Committee guidelines.
b) To ensure the branch has an annual programme which promotes the aims and objectives of the Mothers’ Union. It is NOT the responsibility of the branch leader to organise it all!
c) To lead branch committee meetings and support those who will lead worship and other activities.
d) To help recruit new members and ensure that they understand the Aims and Objectives of Mothers’ Union.
e) To attend meetings as and when required which are organised locally and through the diocese or find someone to deputise for them (e.g. Training; Trustee, Deanery & Branch Leader Meetings; Diocesan meetings etc.) and to help facilitate those meetings when required.
f) Encourage members to attend Diocesan meetings and Services.
g) To help organise special services or meetings that might be held in their church or parish rooms.
h) To take responsibility for ensuring that the Annual Return is completed (with the help of others).
i) Foster a good relationship between the clergy and Mothers’ Union – ensuring the clergy have a good knowledge of what the branch, diocese and wider Mothers’ Union is involved with. Have regular meetings (where possible) with the clergy to keep them updated of what is happening.
j) To help monitor branch Outreach activities so that they continue to be relevant and to be open to new possibilities. Celebrate the endings and beginnings.
k) To be willing and able to ask for help
l) To smile!
In return you will be able to:
- Receive expenses for the work you have undertaken as part of your role
Receive the support of other branch leaders and correspondents, your AVP and Diocesan Secretary