Email contact is essential for this role. Please send your details, including your email address to the MU Office: email@example.com as soon as possible after your appointment.
Your position is the interface between your branch members and MU Diocese of Oxford. Your details will also be held centrally by MSH and from time to time you may receive information directly from our head office.
1. Support the branch leader to promote and co-ordinate the running of the branch. This will include promoting the aims and objectives of MU through all aspects of the branch and promoting the work of the global, national and local MU.
2. Keep an up to date list of your member’s contact details. This list should be kept on a password protected computer. Any written contact lists should be held securely. Destroy any old records – see GDPR instructions
3. Work with the branch leader to distribute Diocesan MU information to your members by:
a) Email; always blind copy (bcc) your group – see GDPR instructions
b) Giving notices at branch meetings
c) Sending written notes or visiting members who are not able to attend meetings regularly.
4. You may be asked to arrange and book speakers for some branch meetings. Ensure correct information of date, location and time is sent. (Speakers List available from the MU Office). Branches do not need to pay expenses for these speakers, but must complete a Feedback Form, accessed here. This ensures that the Diocese has a record and is then authorised to pay the speaker’s expenses.
5. Assist the branch leader to complete the annual returns as required by the Diocesan Office.
6. Attend training as necessary.
7. In return you will be able to:
- Receive expenses for the work you have undertaken as part of your role
- Receive the support of other branch correspondents, your AVP and Diocesan Secretary