We have received this report from Mothers’ Union in the diocese of Kinshasa. Please use the information in your prayers.
The Diocesan President Evangelist Gertrude MBONGO DIELA has been ordained and will be an Evangelist in the diocese. Oxford Mothers’ Union has sent her Congratulations and Best Wishes from us all.
Mothers’ Union Report from the Diocese of Kinshasa
Our Members meet every Wednesday between 10-12 o’clock in each Parish for prayer. On the first Wednesday of the month, we have set up a programme to visit each Parish in the town in turn, to focus on Mary Sumner’s 5 Objects. There is also a special programme in pastoral training for our Priests’ wives to help the servers’ wives.
This is our vision for the diocese:
* Effective application of MU’s 5 Objects
* Socio-Economic and spiritual development of families by encouraging them to undertake activities which encourage spiritual growth.
* Show mothers the importance of Education for their daughters
* Combat gender-based violence and HIV/AIDS in Christian families.
These are the needs that Mothers’ Union has:
* We need a partnership to exchange prayers and experience.
* Seminars to develop our capability in promoting and supporting family life
* To create a literacy centre for women and young girls
* 250 members have joined MU. In Yumbi 60 are seeking admission of which 35 are in Mai Ndombe and 25 in Congo Central. These will be enrolled on Lady Day.
* To promote stable family conditions in society including Child Protection. We have many widows and orphans who have never received help.
* We want to benefit from the experiences of other dioceses and countries.
* We also have a need for women’s work –Guest House, working with orphans
* We have many skills training projects but lack the means to make them happen (producing cream, perfume, mayonnaise, bleach etc ..)
* In Kinshasa we need to have means for travelling to other provinces from Kinshasa.
* To buy land to build a guest-house or lodgings, a medical centre, or an Anglican school to teach girls and young mothers in Hotel work, dress-making and design, beauty, to develop publc health awareness,
* Organise skills training
* Help orphans widows, prisoners and the poor as much as we can.
* Train those members who are pastors in IT theology, nursing science, English, etc, also we need your prayers to for their fees.
* In Kinshasa we have great difficulty in accommodating our visitors from elsewhere,
* To provide office and IT equipment (NB It is indispensable for us in order to keep young mothers informed about our organisation.)
Key points for Prayer
Developing a Partnership to exchange prayers and experience and links with other dioceses
Teaching of 5 Objects
Encouraging girls’ education
Training to help us
For ourselves in Pastoral Ministry, Nursing English, Office skills
To offer simple manufacturing skills projects for young women and children
Our Support for Christian families to develop their faith
Helping HIV/AIDS victims, the poor, widows orphans prisoners
In Kinshasa our problems in travelling to other areas and lack of accommodation
Our plans to buy land to build a Centre to carry out our work and a guest house