- This event has passed.
A Creative Approach to Spiritual Reflection
One day workshop on using drama to bring the Bible to life
Trainers Jackie Mouradian / Anna Adams
Workshop Aim: To explore the different forms of drama and its role in bringing familiar Bible passages to life to enhance community development training, church services, Bible studies, retreats and public events.
This is a hands on and practical course which includes demonstration of drama, time for reflection, and practice in producing new dramas in groups.
Cost includes lunch and refreshments. Places are limited. An invoice will be sent on receipt of application form.
• To explore how drama can deepen reflective learning and inspire transformation in individuals andchurches
• To explore creative ways of bringing familiar Bible passages to life, using drama
• To explore the different forms of drama and the various contexts in which they can be used
• To learn and practise a simple step by step way of constructing your own drama so that it has an impact. Expected Outcomes: By the end of the workshop participants will:-
• Have a good understanding of different forms of drama and how they can be used in different settings.
• Have an understanding of how to write their own Bible studies using drama as a way of presenting the Bible passage.
• Have discovered the potential of drama to envision churches and change mind sets.
About the trainers
Jackie is an experienced trainer and facilitator in the field of community development and has worked extensively in the UK and internationally. She also co-writes community development resources for use in the UK and overseas. Part of her approach to community development is to use the performing arts, where she draws from her experience of working in both the corporate and charity sectors. She has written and performed a large number of sketches and monologues to bring Bible passages alive and provoke spiritual reflection. These have been performed in a variety of international contexts and at conferences.
Having studied drama at university, and subsequently at the Oxford School of Drama, Anna then spent a number of years on the road, touring the theatres of Britain. She now co-runs a theatre company using drama as a way of sharing stories and developing a sense of belonging in communities. She combines her passions for drama and community in producing local theatre productions, drawing from all stratas of society, especially the vulnerable and marginalised. Anna is an experienced director and script writer and has recently designed theatre in education programmes in schools, looking at such issues as mental health and the effects of pornography on young people.