Action & Outreach is concerned to support families and family life. We encourage members to participate in fulfulling the aims of Mothers’ Union through a variety of practical ways. These include the following:
- To continue the work of AFIA (Away From It All) holidays, by promoting awareness through churches, health visitors and schools and by fund raising so that people in need are able to take a holiday. (application form available here)
- To support the work of the JR hospital or other local hospitals by providing toiletries, baby quilts, premature baby knitting and Angel Pockets for still born babies. (Patterns available here)
- To provide facilitators to run “Loving for Life” (marriage) courses and parenting courses.
- To collect, check and deliver Christmas cards to Bullingdon prison. This enables the Chaplain to give a card to every prisoner at Christmas time.
- To make Fiddle pinnies or knit Twiddle Muffs to give to local care homes who have residents with dementia or suffering from strokes. (Patterns available here)
- To support the Balsam Family Project in Didcot by providing equipment and refreshments as required.
- To continue to develop student work by providing access to our Starving Student Survival Guide and to assist chaplains at Freshers Fairs.
- To continue to make and develop contacts with our Link Dioceses and support them through letters or emails and our prayers.