Our Diocesan Treasurer is standing down at the end of this year so we are looking for someone to take on this vital and interesting role; they do not have to be a member of Mothers’ Union. Here is a brief description of what the job entails…
ROLE OF DIOCESAN TREASURER – MOTHERS’ UNION DIOCESE OF OXFORD.
Reporting to the Finance and Admin Unit Coordinator, the treasurer is responsible for all financial and accounting matters for the Mothers’ Union in the Diocese.
The principal responsibilities include:
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate accounting records of all financial activities of the Charity at the diocesan level and ensuring that all monies received by the charity are banked promptly
- Managing the bank accounts and investments of the Charity
- Managing the monthly payroll using HMRC software, and ensuring that all returns to HMRC are done in an accurate and timely fashion
- Preparing regular financial reports to the Trustee Board, at least on a quarterly basis, and preparing budgets for future years as required, for submission to the Trustee Board for approval
- Drafting Annual Trustees Report and Financial Accounts for submission to the independent examiner and liaising with the independent examiner in producing the final accounts for approval by the Trustee Board. These accounts include the consolidation of all the branch accounts submitted annually to the Diocesan office with the Diocesan accounts.
Are you interested, or know someone who might be? Contact the Diocesan Office for more details or to offer your services.